Heading to Taipei, Taiwan soon? Looking for a best value accommodation perfect for lovers or family? We probably just discovered one of the best value accommodations in Taipei near Ximending!
A month before our Taiwan trip, we tried looking for an accommodation that can meet our requirements. We both wanted a place to stay in that has the following:
- Not too expensive price range (accommodation budget per day PHP1500 – PHP1800)
- Private bathroom
- Near MRT station
- Not too compact space
- Near 24 hour convenience stores
- Near breakfast places
- Best value
Luckily, we stumbled upon one which happily met our basic requirements, without any second though we immediately booked Ximen Dreamhouse via Booking.com. To our surprise, Booking.com didn’t require any pre-payment. We originally booked a Double Room (Basement, No Window), perfect for two travelers. Our total bill (taxes and fees included) for 5 days, 4 nights is around PHP6,750*, relatively cheaper compared to other accommodation.
Sample exchange rate: NTD to PHP = 1.70
Fast forward to our trip, we arrived at Ximending around 12noon, decided to have a quick lunch at 7-eleven near Watsons. Afterwards, we walked for about 550m (7-10 minutes) and reached Ximen Dreamhouse (directions with photos is included in this blog). We both thought that we were just going to drop off our luggage but luckily the staff said that our room is now available so we opted to check in right away. The staff named Angela asked us to settle the full balance first and she went along in assisting us one our way to our room. Without any high expectations, Angela upgraded us into a better and bigger room, from a Double room to a Family room (yes, without extra charge)! As per her since we didn’t have a Taiwan local sim it would better to have the best WiFi reception which totally speaks for their exceptional service. Xie xie Dreamhouse!
These are the actual photos during our stay:
- Spacious room
- A/C is working well
- TV with English channels
- In-room safe box
- Complimentary bottled water (replenished everyday)
- Staff are helpful
- Private and spacious bathroom area
- Complimentary use of electric kettle, towels and hairdryer
- Nestled in Ximending area which
- Near convenience stores and breakfast places
- Walking distance from Ximen Station Exit 6 (7-10min walk)
- Easy and convenient check-out, you just need to drop the room key in the safebo located at the frontdesk
- Enough power socket
- WiFi works well
- 24H surveillance system
- Luggage storage
- The lift is quite small
How to Book:
We recommend booking via Booking.com as they don’t require pre-payment at all. We paid the total bill when we checked in and the Dreamhouse staff didn’t require us to have a security deposit.
Direction from Ximen Station to Ximen Dreamhouse:
- From Ximen Station, take Exit 6.
- Walk towards Watson, stay in this lane.
- At about 480m, turn right at the small alleyway.
- Walk towards the first street intersection, take left to Lane 25 (A fruit stand or a Yakiroti restaurant will be your landmark)
- Walk towards Lane 25 and look for a yellow painted wall towards the end of the Lane 25.
- Ximen Dreamhouse will be in your right.
Know before you go:
- If you’re trying to save, you can buy bottled water (5 liters and up) at the grocery stores and just refill your handy tumbler.
- Ximen Dreamhouse don’t offer breakfast but there are authentic breakfast places near the area. We highly recommend Xi Ke Lai Breakfast Restaurant (1 min walk away)
- Ximen Dreamhouse provides complimentary toiletries but it is better to bring your own.
- Buy at the nearby convenience stores and stock up food such as noodles, onigiri and/or desserts via their in-room mini refrigerator.
Address: No. 1, Lane 25, Kangding Road, Wanhua District , 108 Taipei, Taiwan
Contact number: 0973-693-326
Note: This post is not sponsored. This blog is solely based from our experience during our stay.