TOP DAWGS : Maginhawa’s Baddest Hotdog Shop
Who wouldn’t want to munch on some good hotdogs during a scorching day? Head now to The Station Maginhawa to try the world’s baddest hotdogs, Top Dawgs. Tasty hotdogs sandwiched with charcoal buns and topped with dope toppings.
Top Dawgs is located at The Station, one of the newest food parks around Metro (178 Maginhawa Street, Diliman, Quezon City) The owner started to venture into food business around February 2017. The inspiration behind Top Dawgs is that there were only a few hotdog concepts around the Metro, and mostly are pre-dominated by big burger chains. The owner wanted to offer a product that is comparable from that of New York’s. Also, the owner wanted to have an own identity and with some thorough research they found out that black charcoal-infused buns are a thing in Japan thus the birth of Top Dawgs.
Top Dawgs’s menu is pretty straightforward, and we liked it that way . However, during our visit some of their food were sold out since last week. We badly wanted to try the Notorious B.I.G. (PHP 350) but again they don’t have stocks yet.
Here are the food that we were able to try during our visit:
1. Zeebra (PHP 140) -a Japanese styled hotdog sandwich loaded with tempura flakes, nori and wasabi mayo. We personally find Zeebra a bit tad boring compared to the other choices. However, we do love the kick of Nori/seaweed and the crunch of tempura flakes in every bite!
2. Jackass (PHP 170) –best-seller! This is definitely for cheese lovers out there! Topped with 3 types of cheese (mozarella, parmesan, and cheddar cheese) and chili sauce. Also, we liked the kick of kidney beans in every bite. This reminds us the taste of burrito or tacos.
3. Shamrock (PHP 150) -an Italian-inspired hotdog sandwich. We really liked the idea that they were able to incorporate pesto on a hotdog sandwich. Shamrock consists of pizza sauce, tomatoes, pesto and melted mozzarella.
Journey Freaks’ note: Watch out for Top Dawgs’ torching portion. It’s absolutely satisfying to watch.
4. Lil Jo’s ( PHP 80) – Simplicity is the key. We like how their mojos taste is so simple. Spice up your mojos with their array of dips available at their counter.
Journey Freaks’ note: Top Dawgs has a wide choices for dips (mustard, cheese dip, tomato ketchup, sriracha mayo, japanese mayo and wasabi mayo)
5. Coco Puff (Regular – PHP 59/Large – PHP 69) -If you’re looking for a refreshing drink then try this cause this will definitely freshen you up.
6. Lemon Haze (Regular – PHP 59/Large – PHP 69) -This is just okay. We personally think they could still improve this particular drink.
Journey Freaks’ note: You could upgrade your hotdog sandwich into a meal just by adding PHP 30 for drinks or mojos. Also, Top Dawgs’ carry some of the local beers starting price is PHP 45 per bottle.
You could also spice up or pimp up your hotdogs by just adding PHP 10 for an added cheesy kick. Overall, we really recommend this place to anyone who wants to hangout around Maginhawa and just chill. Top Dawgs’ hotdog sandwiches are really filling and satisfying. Journey Freaks approved!
Noteworthy: They have one of the friendliest bunch of staff! Thanks for catering us Elizalde, Cedric and Jane!
Watch our Top Dawgs, World’s Baddest Hotdog experience:
TOP DAWGS PH
Store hours: 5PM to 12AM daily
Facebook: Top Dawgs
Instagram: Top Dawgs