SEOULGYUPSAL: BANAWE’S BEST KOREAN BBQ
Seoulgyupsal is one of the newest yet already one of the best Korean BBQ spot located in the vicinity of Banawe, Quezon City, located inside the Z Square Mall. Seoulgyupsal is wordplay from Seoul which is the capital of South Korea and sampgyupsal which is a popular Korean dish consists of thick, fatty slice of pork belly meat.
Seoulgyupsal can cater around 50 diners that are perfect for big families or barkada. As for the interior, we like that they kept it simple yet the vibe is really inviting. The place can never feel too crowded as each table is strategically spaced out from each other. Also, we like that each table has its own overhead exhaust pipes that makes ventilation better. Seoulgyupsal uses charcoal grill instead of butane. We personally think that charcoal grill gives off better barbecue flavor and adds some extra kick.
Korean restaurants are a trend lately around the metro so the competition is slightly steep. We like that the owners of Seoulgyupsal opted to take the unbeaten road by bringing better Korean BBQ experience. Seoulgyupsal offers ala carte and two options for unlimited Korean grill (see prices and options below).
What sets Seoulgyupsal different from any other existing Korean BBQ spots is that they offer plethora of fresh and seasoned meat cuts such as pork, chicken and beef. Their meat selection can be a bit overwhelming as they offer 10 different types of meats waiting for you to grill. Also, they offer unlimited rice and side dishes (banchan). Beverages are not yet included in the set but you may opt to ask for service water, bottled cans, soju or house blended iced tea. During our visit we tried the following choice of meats: Dak Galbi Korean Spicy Chicken, Samgyupsal. Yangnum Beef and Bulgogi Beef.
- Wide variety of fresh and seasoned meat cuts.
- White sauce (garlic sauce)!! We can’t stress this enough.
- Generous serving of meat
- Steamed egg, mashed sweet potato and honeyed potato balls are their best banchan!
- Beef bulgogi is the best!!!
- No time limit!
- No plate limit!
- All ingredients are imported from South Korea.
- Needs faster service specially during peak hours as the restaurant can be really busy.
- Bland taste of some banchan (i.e. peanuts and anchovies) Needs a bit of re-work.
- Japchae is a bit overpowering because of the soy sauce.
- Kimchi needs a bit of re-work as it is not as spicy as the usual ones.
Pro tips when visiting Seoulgyupsal:
- Arrive during non-busy hours to avoid the crowd. Best time to visit is around 11 AM and 4 PM.
- Ask for an extra tongs for a better experience especially if you’ll be grilling chicken cuts. One for cooked meat and one for uncooked meat.
- Don’t skimp on with their white sauce. It’s a bomb that will surely change your Korean BBQ experience! Thank us later!
- Do ask their staff for a refill of charcoal when needed.
- Come light, leave heavy.
Address: 2F, Z Square Mall, Banawe Street corner Del Monte Avenue, Manresa, Quezon City
Operation hours: 11 AM to 2AM, Mondays to Sundays
Contact number: +63 9770317103
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored blog post, but all opinions are our own and based on our experience.
You may also want to check our popular FOOD blogs: